Friday, February 24, 2006

#31 - Project Runway - Emmett McCarthy Update

Just received my first newsletter from Emmett's website:

http://www.emmettmccarthy.com/

Dear Loretta:

I was so pleased to see all the designers again at the reunion show and at Bryant Park during the taping of the final runway shows during Olympus Fashion Week. Chloé, Daniel, Kara, and Santino put their best work on the runway--I was especially pleased that Chlóe and Kara where there, as they both have become very close friends to me since our bonding experience under the intense scrutiny of the Project Runway cameras last summer. I loved both of their collections and was happy to see Kara get raves afterwards from non other than Womens Wear Daily and Fern Mallis, whom apparently didn't know Kara was the decoy and declared Kara the winner! Kara actually lives a few blocks from my apartment and I talk to her and Chloé almost daily. Chloe showed a passionate collection focusing on luxury fabrics with beautiful and unusual construction.

Chloe's generosity for sharing her experience, insights, and advice regarding my new EMc2 boutique have been incredibly helpful. I also liked Daniel's collection, it amazed me how young and sophisticated he is as a designer. Santino's left behind his television theatrics for his presentation and his designs had both beautiful use of color and silhouette. After the filming, I hosted a cast party at the boutique. It was nice to relax and get to know one another better and, with the cameras finally off, see each other as individuals not TV characters.
Since November, starting my own brand and opening the boutique (more on that later...) has been the most exciting, terrifying, and challenging experience of my life--much worse than wearing that skintight pink shirt during my final episode as a Project Runway contender. My family, friends and colleagues have come out to support me as well as thousands of supporters who have emailed me from all over the country. Thank you, thank you thank you! It's a huge risk but I know I am not alone.
The grand opening is set for March 17--Saint Patrick's Day--wish this Irish lad luck.
much love,


Emmett

For more information and to be put onto my newsletter contact me at www.emmettmccarthy.com and sign up for the news letter.

No comments: