Wednesday, March 08, 2006

#33 - Jumping the Shark with Water Skis and Final Thoughts on Project Runway

Blogging pal, Paul, Aurora Walking Vacation, informed me that Fnozie not only jumped the shark... but, that he did it on WATER SKIS!

Oh, Fonzie!!!

There is an interesting remark about Fonzie in the film THE WEDDING SINGER. ( Moviefone: The Wedding Singer Movie: MAIN)

You know why shows like Happy Days get cancelled?

Because no one wants to watch a fifty year old Fonzie still trying to act cool and picking up girls.

Good point.

Which brings me to tonight's finale episode of PROJECT RUNWAY.

After last week's debacle... I am half heartedly waiting to see who will win tonight's fashion show.

Truth be known, though... I feel like I have had "reality" television smudged all over my face and the creators are rubbing viewers noses in it.

PROJECT RUNWAY should just be a contest... plain and simple.

I think back to an event that was documented on film, Quiz Show (1994), is about summing up my feelings to the whole thing.

The creators manipulate to appease what they think the audience wants.

When does the whole thing border on fraudulent?

Oh, gosh... who knows.

But, I don't blame the contestants.

These are all talented folks just trying to break in to a highly fickle and competetive arena.

Still thinking Santino is going to walk away with the prize tonight.


No comments: